1.2 Tonne Cable Trailers
1.2 Tonne Self Loading Cable Trailer is a unique design which includes two independently controlled lift arms and chain link to the spindle carriers. This makes it possible to pick up drums that are not aligned to the trailer or are on uneven surfaces. All Redmond Gary Self Loading Cable Trailers incorporate this design feature. All trailers are designed for one man operation. Due to the mechanised design of the trailer, which includes manual jacklegs, hydraulic lift arms and drum rotator, trailers can be used for lifting drums rotating drums, etc. all by one person. All trailer spindles are high tensile hollow section, making them light enough to be a single person lift.
Trailers are of a rugged construction featuring hot dip galvanised frame and powder coated sheet metal components. All trailers are equipped with 12 volt DC, petrol or diesel engine and fully self-contained power pack. Trailers are designed to comply with Australian Standards and Australian Design Rules. They can be registered in any state of Australia and New Zealand. A wide range of optional accessories are available.
The Self Loading Cable Trailer is primarily designed for transporting drums of electrical fibre optic cable and paying out cable at the work site.
The unit has a number of features which improve productivity by permitting safe, one man handling of cable drums.
- The cable trailer need not be positioned accurately to pick up the load. Adjustable chains attached to the pickup arms provide the required flexibility.
- Hydraulic power is used to load the trailer and pay out cable at the work site.
- The drum support shaft is manufactured from high tensile steel tube and can easily be fitted through the cable drum by one person.
- The cable drum shaft can be fixed type with bushes or rotating on low friction, weather resistant bearings.
- A drum rotator turns the drum to pay out or reel in.
Because the cable trailer has been designed for one many operation, use of the trailer can free personnel for other tasks or allow smaller work groups to maintain effective output. The principles of the Self Loading Cable trailers may be used in other applications including:
- Telephone and Optical Cable
- Irrigating Hose
- Newsprint Rolls
- Conveyor Belting
- Defence Equipment
- Seismic Line
Max Load Mass: 1.2 Tonne
Max Drum Diameter: 2000mm
Max Drum Width: 1470mm
Standard Spindle diameter: 76mm
Overall Length: 3610mm
Overall Width: 2480mm
Height Unladen: 2100mm
Mass Unladen: 750kg
Standard Trailer Brake Type: Hydraulic Overide
Engine: 12 volt DC
Parts Books & Operating Instructions
The equipment is supplied with one copy of an operation manual which includes operating instructions, safety information, hydraulic and electrical schematics (if applicable), etc. Additional copies are available upon request a nominal cost.
Change in Specification
Design and improvement of products is a continuous process. Therefore, we reserve the right to make design improvements differing from this specification after receipt of an order. However, any major changes will only be made with the approval of the customer or its representatives.
12 months parts and labour in accordance with guarantee and sales conditions.
- Spindle arms operated from a Hydraulic Directional Control Valve.
- 12 Volt DC electric Hydraulic powerpack c/w oil tank. All mounted with storage battery in enclosure with lockable lid.
- Drum lifting arms can be operated together or individually to assist with misaligned drums or uneven ground.
- 76 Ø Spindle c/w 2 x Spindle Clamps and 2 x Drum Spacers.
- ADR approved single axle with hydraulic disc brakes.
- 16″ x 6.0″ Rims, with 7.00 R16 Tyres.
- Wind down front Jockey wheel.
- 2 x rear Stabilisers.
- 50mm Ball Coupling.
- Laden Coupling height – 460mm (approximately) to AS4177.1-2004.
- 1 x Trailer Safety Chain with D Shackle.
- 7 Pin Flat Trailer Plug.
- LED lights.
- Safety and Operational signage.
- Trailer frame finished in hot dip galvanising.
- All tanks and hydraulic cylinders finished in 2-pack enamel. (Interpon, Safety Yellow – Product Code ME096A)
- All operation controls are mounted on a bracket at front kerb side of the trailer.
- One(1) set of Operation Manuals.
- Petrol Power Unit Upgrade. Electric/Pull start (see picture)
- Diesel Power Unit Upgrade. Electric/Pull start (see picture)
- Spindle Upgrade (Fitted With Roller Bearings,Disc Brake & Torque Arm) (see picture)
- Drum Drive Kit c/w Spindle & Petrol Engine Upgrade
- Drum Drive Kit c/w Spindle & Diesel Engine Upgrade (see picture)
- Engine Stone Guard (Diesel or Petrol Engines Only) (see picture)
- Wheel Chock Kit x 2 (With Holders)
- Drum Drive Foot Control Kit (7m Cable)
- Spare Wheel Kit (see picture)
- Aluminium Lockable toolbox, 580 x 245 x 210 (see picture)
- Wheel Wrench Extendable
- Solar Battery Charger & Controller (With DC Power Unit Only)
- Loose Wheel Nut Indicators (see picture)
- Additional Emergency stop (engine)
- Additional 50mm spindle(C/W adaptors/clamp/drum spacers)
- Extra Operators Manual (Hard Copy)
- Extra Operators Manual (USB or CD)