1.7 Tonne Cable Trailer
1.7 Tonne Self Loading Cable Trailer is a unique design which includes two independently controlled lift arms and chain link to the spindle carriers. This makes it possible to pick up drums that are not aligned to the trailer or are on uneven surfaces. All Redmond Gary Self Loading Cable Trailers incorporate this design feature. All trailers are designed for one man operation. Due to the mechanised design of the trailer, which includes manual jacklegs, hydraulic lift arms and drum rotator, trailers can be used for lifting drums rotating drums, etc. all by one person. All trailer spindles are high tensile hollow section, making them light enough to be a single person lift.
Trailers are of a rugged construction featuring hot dip galvanised frame and powder coated sheet metal components. All trailers are equipped with 12 volt DC, petrol or diesel engine and fully self-contained power pack. Trailers are designed to comply with Australian Standards and Australian Design Rules. They can be registered in any state of Australia and New Zealand. A wide range of optional accessories are available.
The Self Loading Cable Trailer is primarily designed for transporting drums of electrical fibre optic cable and paying out cable at the work site.
The unit has a number of features which improve productivity by permitting safe, one man handling of cable drums.
- The cable trailer need not be positioned accurately to pick up the load. Adjustable chains attached to the pickup arms provide the required flexibility.
- Hydraulic power is used to load the trailer and pay out cable at the work site.
- The drum support shaft is manufactured from high tensile steel tube and can easily be fitted through the cable drum by one person.
- The cable drum shaft can be fixed type with bushes or rotating on low friction, weather resistant bearings.
- A drum rotator turns the drum to pay out or reel in.
Because the cable trailer has been designed for one many operation, use of the trailer can free personnel for other tasks or allow smaller work groups to maintain effective output. The principles of the Self Loading Cable trailers may be used in other applications including:
- Telephone and Optical Cable
- Irrigating Hose
- Newsprint Rolls
- Conveyor Belting
- Defence Equipment
- Seismic Line
- Max Load Mass: 1.7 Tonne
- Max Drum Diameter: 2000mm
- Max Drum Width: 1470mm
- Standard Spindle Diameter: 76mm
- Overall Length: 3610mm
- Overall Width: 2480mm
- Height Unladen: 2100mm
- Mass Unladen: 750kg
- Standard Trailer Brake Type: Electric
- Engine: 12 volt DC
- Transmission: Hydraulic
Parts Books & Operating Instructions
The equipment is supplied with one copy of an operation manual which includes operating instructions, safety information, hydraulic and electrical schematics (if applicable), etc. Additional copies are available upon request a nominal cost.
Change in Specification
Specification provided is approximate, it can be confirmed on the quote if requested.
Design and improvement of products is a continuous process. We, therefore, reserve the right to make design improvements differing from this specification after receipt of an order. However, any major changes will only be made with the approval of the customer or its’ representatives.
12 months parts and labour in accordance with guarantee and sales conditions.
- Trailer framed finished in hot dip galvanising.
- All tanks and hydraulic cylinders finished in 2-pack enamel.
- ADR approved single axle with electric brakes.
- 16”x 6.0”rims with 7.00 R16 tyres
- Wind down front Jackleg/Stabilisers.
- 50mm Ball coupling (to AS4177.3-2011).
- 7 Pin large round trailer plug.
- LED lights.
- Coupling height: 420mm (AS4177.1-2004)
- 12 Volt DC hydraulic power pack.
- Safety and operational signage – anodised aluminium or UV stable engraved plastic.
- 76mm Spindle fixed complete with drum sleeves/bushes and clamps.
- Final coat finish – Powder coating and 2-pack enamel (Interpon, Safety Yellow – Product code ME096A).
- One set of operation manuals.