ABC 3-Drum Cable Trailer
3-Drum ABC (Aerial Bundle Cable) Trailer is a modular design and is designed for one-man operation. Due to the mechanized design of the trailer which includes hydraulic jacklegs (optional) and drum rotators, trailers can be used for rotating drums by one person. All trailer spindles are high tensile hollow section making them light enough to be a single person lift.
The trailers are of rugged construction featuring hot dip galvanized frame and powdercoated sheet metal components. All trailers are equipped with water-cooled diesel engine and fully self-contained powerpack. Trailers are designed to comply with Australian Standards and Australian Design Rules. They can be registered in any state in Australia and New Zealand. A wide range of optional accessories is available.
1. Series A. One 3 Drum ABC trailer, fully galvanised, and fitted with electric brakes. Additionally the trailer has 3 integral welded drum stand modules within the main trailer frame. Each drum stand is fitted with removable 54mm spindle and disc brake.
The trailer could be supplied with petrol engine to drive the hydraulic power unit if required. The trailer has the capacity to carry Three, 1400mm diameter drums. Maximum drum width 950mm. Each drum stand is fitted with a removable centre drum spindle and disc brake assembly which enables the operational crew to establish a line pull of up to 200kgs at 1000mm diameter.
The hydraulic power unit enables the operating crew to reel the cable in (or pay out fully controlled) via a hydraulic motor which may be attached to any one of the three drum stand spindles. Should the triple drive option 11 be selected, then all three drums may be driven simultaneously.
As you are aware, Redmond Gary has manufactured many of these units for clients throughout Australia over the last 18 year period. These trailers are manufactured to ISO9001 Quality Standards.
Attached herewith are a number of additional options which we offer with the standard machine.
All trailers and modules are fully hot dip galvanised. As a further alternative, these 3 Drum units are also offered in skid mount form.
- Max Drum Mass: 1250-1450kg
- Max Drum Diameter: 1400mm
- Max Drum Width : 950mm
- Standard Spindle Diameter: 54 mm
- Overall Length: 6900mm
- Overall Width: 1820 mm
- Height Loaded (with roller guide stand): 2700 mm
- Height Unladen (with roller guide stand): 1700 mm
- Mass Unladen: 1650 kg
- Mass Fully Laden (max): 4500 kg
- Standard Trailer Brake Type: Electric
- Aggregate Trailer Mass: 4500kg (electric brakes)
- Aggregate Trailer Mass: 6000kg (air brakes)
- TARE: 1500kg
- Payload: 3 x 950kg (electric brakes)
- Payload: 3 x 1450kg (air brakes)
Parts Books & Operating Instructions
The equipment is supplied with one copy of an operation manual which includes operating instructions, safety information, major assembly drawings, hydraulic and electrical schematics (if applicable), etc. Additional copies are available upon request at nominal cost.
Change in Specification
Specification provided is approximate, it can be confirmed on the quote if requested.
Design and improvement of products is a continuous process. We, therefore, reserve the right to make design improvements differing from this specification after receipt of an order. However, any major changes will only be made with the approval of the customer or its’ representatives.
12 months parts and labour in accordance with guarantee and sales conditions.
- Trailer frame finished in hot dip galvanised
- Operational controls mounted on kerb side of the trailer
- Engine Cabinet manufactured from 1.6mm zinc anneal sheeting finished with powder coating – all seams and edges are sandblasted, primed prior to powder coating
- All tanks and hydraulic cylinders finished in 2-pack enamel
- ADR approved axles and brakes
- Landcruiser Radial Rims, with 7.5 x 16 tyres
- Wind Down Front Jackleg/Stabiliser
- 2 x Wind Down rear Jackleg/Stablilisers
- Tow Eye Type – 75mm Ring Type Swivel Tow Coupling
- Coupling Height – 600 mm
- Pin-lock End-link Chain Ends
- 10-Hour Fuel Tank
- LED lights
- Safety and Operational signage – Screen Printed Anodised Aluminium
- Final Coat Finish:
– Powder Coating and 2 pack Enamel
– Yellow, Interpon, Safety Yellow, Product Code ME096A
- All electrics 12 Volt
- One set of operation manuals