10kN 3-Drum Truck-Mounted Recovery Winch
The 3-Drum recovery winch has been specially designed for pulling old overhead conductors onto a storage reel and at the same time pulling the new conductors into their place. The winch is provided with 3 storage reels and an overhead fairlead which reciprocates back and forth for layer winding onto the drums.
The drums are split-type metal construction and can be easily removed from their carriers. The winch is provided with a load monitoring system that indicates line pull. The unit has an operator enclosure manufactured from wire mesh and has its own power pack. The winch is mounted directly to the truck and driven by a PTO mounted pump.
The unit comes complete with the following:
- Maximum line pull 10 kN per drum (measured mean diameter)
- 30 kN total pull, all drums simultaneously
- 3 split drums complete with spindle and crane lifting hooks
- Single axis joystick control of 1, 2 or 3 drums at a time, with a system of three solenoid valves which will provide selection of any or all winch functions
- A layering control device mounted on the stern of the skid
- Complete layer winder support frame and skid frame galvanised and control console powder coated
- Fully protected operator’s position
- Ergonomically designed control console
- One work (flood) light on platform
- One amber rotating light on operator cage
- One fluorescent light in operator cage
– Linepull: 10 KN per winch (mean diameter)
– Rope speed: 40 m/min (mean diameter)
– Major drum diameter: 1000 mm
– Inner Drum diameter: 500 mm
– Drum width: 520 mm
– Max. Drum Mass: 1500 kg–
– Winch control: Single axis joystick (oil pilot) to allow operation of 1, 2 or 3 drums simultaneously with rotary switch winch selection
– Wire control: Hydraulic cylinder and ball screw
- Provision to free-wheel
- Fairlead rollers
- Lifting beam to remove drums
Parts Books & Operating Instructions
The equipment is supplied with one copy of an operation manual which includes operating instructions, safety information, major assembly drawings, hydraulic and electrical schematics (if applicable), etc. Additional copies are available upon request at nominal cost.
Change in Specification
Design and improvement of products is a continuous process. We, therefore, reserve the right to make design improvements differing from this specification after receipt of an order. However, any major changes will only be made with the approval of the customer or its’ representatives.
12 months parts and labour in accordance with guarantee and sales conditions.
- Supply additional split drums (view image)
- Supply additional standard fixed drums
- Supply of drop down walkway on kerb side:
- Double drum speed – 80 metres/minute (Mean diameter)
- Data Logger (view image)
- All angle fair lead (view image)
- Additional cabinet on truck deck or under winch
- Witches hat storage
- Wheel chocks
- Wheel chock storage