10kN Truck-Mounted Recovery Winch
The above photo, taken looking down on the truck, shows the layout of the winch with generous access provided for operators. Chains are provided in place of fixed handrails to make it easy to access all parts of the winch using forklift or other apparatus. All hydraulic componentry is readily accessible via removable panels for service purposes.
The operator enclosure is provided with safety mesh screen on all sides giving the maximum level of protection. Enclosure is accessed via a door on the kerb side.
When operating the winch at 10kN line pull for re-conductoring overhead lines, the cable is run through a fairlead layer winding device and onto the split drum.
The drums are split type metal construction and can easily be removed from their carriers. The winch is provided with a load monitoring system that indicates the line pull.
The unit comes complete with the following:
- Maximum line pull 10kN (measured mean diameter)
- PTO driven variable displacement piston pump
- 2 split drums complete with spindle and crane lifting hooks
- Single axis joystick control
- A layering control device is mounted on the stern of the truck
- Mounted to the truck chassis via fish plates
- Main subframe is sandblasted and painted with 2-Pack. All other components are powdercoated, provided with aluminium checker plate floor.
- Fully protected operator’s position
- Ergonomically designed control console
- One work (flood) light on platform
- One amber rotating light on operator cage
- One fluorescent light in operator’s cage
- Line pull 10kN
- Rope speed
- 40 m/min (mean diameter)
- Major drum diameter – 1000mm
- Inner drum diameter – 500mm
- Drum width – 520mm
- Maximum drum mass – 1500kg
- Input – PTO from the truck
- Winch control – Single axis joystick (oil pilot)
- Wire control – Hydraulic motor with ball screw transmission
- Provision to free-wheel
- Free-wheel drag brake
- Fairlead rollers supplied for operating 10kN line pull
- Lifting beams to remove drums (2)
- Drum stand with disc brake for drum 1200mm diameter up to 1500kg
- Storage for spare split drum