25kN 3-Drum Skid-Mounted Recovery Winch
The 3-Drum recovery winch has been specially designed for pulling old overhead conductors onto a storage reel and at the same time pulling the new conductors into their place. The winch is provided with 3 storage reels and an overhead fairlead which reciprocates back and forth for layer winding onto the drums.
The drums are split-type metal construction and can be easily removed from their carriers. The winch is provided with a load monitoring system that indicates line pull. The unit has an operator enclosure manufactured from wire mesh and has its own power pack. The winch unit is skid-mounted and is designed to be put on the back of a flat-top truck using quick-release container locks.
The unit comes complete with the following:
- Maximum line pull 25 kN per drum (measured mean diameter)
- 75 kN total pull, all drums simultaneously
- 60.5 kW @ 2600 rpm water cooled diesel engine in lockable cabinet
- 3 split drums complete with spindle and crane lifting hooks
- Single axis joystick control of 1, 2 or 3 drums at a time, with a system of three solenoid valves which will provide selection of any or all winch functions
- A layering control device mounted on the stern of the truck (low speed/high torque hydraulic motor with ball screw)
- Suitable skid frame complete with chain sling for lifting and corner castings for container locking device
- Complete layer winder support frame and skid frame galvanised and control console powdercoated
- Fully protected operator’s position
- Ergonomically designed control console
- One work (flood) light on platform
- One amber rotating light on operator cage
- One fluorescent light in operator cage
Linepull: 25 kN per winch (mean diameter)
Rope speed: Low speed 15 m/min, High speed 22.5 m/min (reduced line pull)
Major drum diameter: 1000 mm
Inner Drum diameter: 500 mm
Drum width: 550 mm
Max. Drum Mass: 1500 kg
Input power: 60.5 kW @ 2600 rpm Diesel Engine
Winch control: Single axis joystick (oil pilot) to allow operation of 1, 2 or 3 drums simultaneously with rotary switch winch selection
Wire control: Hydraulic motor and ball screw
- Provision to free-wheel
- Lifting chain set for removing 3-drum winch assembly from the truck consisting of 3-legged chain set
- Fairlead rollers
- Lifting beam to remove drums
Parts Books & Operating Instructions
The equipment is supplied with one copy of an operation manual which includes operating instructions, safety information, major assembly drawings, hydraulic and electrical schematics (if applicable), etc. Additional copies are available upon request at nominal cost.
Change in Specification
Design and improvement of products is a continuous process. We, therefore, reserve the right to make design improvements differing from this specification after receipt of an order. However, any major changes will only be made with the approval of the customer or its’ representatives.
12 months parts and labour in accordance with guarantee and sales conditions.