A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.rg.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policies of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
We do not store or retain credit card information in any form subsequent to a credit card transaction being processed. All credit card information is destroyed at the conclusion either of the credit card transaction or job completion.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your information if we have a lawful reason to do so such as when it’s our legal duty, if we have your consent and when it’s in our legitimate interest to do so. Reasons include:
- To provide our services to our clients in accordance with the terms of any engagement letter, quotation, purchase order or service agreement.
- For administrative purposes, including processing payment transactions, charging and billing, detecting or preventing fraud, identifying breaches of our terms and conditions of engagement.
- To maintain contact with our clients and other contacts, and keep them informed of our services, industry developments, seminars and other events.
- For purposes relating to the purchase and supply of goods and services related to our business.
- For purposes relating to the employment of our personnel in accordance with our employment agreements including any related reasons such as recruitment, payroll, tax, and superannuation.
- For governance and compliance purposes including managing any quality, conduct or risk management issues including conflict of interest or independence (including auditor independence) obligations or situations, meeting regulatory obligations, and where we are required to or authorised by legislation or industry code, direction or standard to do so.
WEBSITE AND ONLINE
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Redmond Gary will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Document identification: ADM.1.0001-1 Revision: 1
Want to know more?
Give our team a call at (07) 5594 9844 or Send Your Enquiry Today.